What a day! I learned a lot about Dr. Coimbra’s Protocol. I have his information listed under my Research page. I have a North American Facebook page to add to that. I’ll add it here too. First of all, I love this diet I’m on. I went to the gym today and I felt like the Tin Man rusted and being oiled by Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. That’s what it feels like, my mobility has increased, joints are moving smoothly, like they’ve been oiled after being rusted shut for a very long time. So happy.
I asked on Dr. Wahls’ Forum on Facebook if anyone had heard of Dr. Coimbra and oh my gosh, what a discussion ensued. There is a lot to say about the science, I watched a 128 minute interview with Dr. Coimbra with English subtitles . If your interested you’ll check it out for yourself: YouTube interview with Dr. Coimbra I’ll explain briefly. The treatment is supervised mega doses of Vitamin D which are putting people sick with MS and other autoimmune diseases into complete remission and in many cases, reversal of damage. Some have been on his protocol 12 years. It must be supervised, but not constantly, initial dosing is decided based on weight and blood work. Then combined with a vitamin (forget what) and Vitamin B2. No dairy whats so ever and must drink 2.5 liters of water. The patient levels are checked at 3 months and adjusted then again at one year, then every five years thereafter. So much for profit gain motives!
As I watched the video I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I have every single criteria he outlined for someone suffering from a compromised immunity system, which I am realizing, in my case, not all cases, I was born with. He said:
- Developing Toxemia or Pre-eclampsia/Eclampsia during pregnancy can be an indication of a compromised immune system.
- Depression can be an indication of the same.
- There is a genetic condition specific for some Italians. In parts of Italy around 300 BC, there was a Malaria epidemic whereas the babies that survived had a deficiency in Vitamin B2 and that deficiency enabled them to survive Malaria, the babies that didn’t have this died. The deficient babies therefore passed on their gene that limits B2. Lower B2 contributes to a resistance to absorbing Vitamin D.
- Frequent Urinary Tract infections can compromise the immune system further.
- And finally, someone with all this then meets up with extreme stress, divorce, death of a child, whatever, some major cataclysmic event, Boom! MS!
- I had Toxemia with my son’s pregnancy. I had to be induced a couple weeks early, it was bad, I was very sick. I almost fell off my chair when he said that.
- I have had problems with depression my whole life. I remember feeling depressed when I was four years old. I’ve been diagnosed by a Harvard Professor and psychologist with Dyphoric Depression, which means life long depression. I’ve learned to deal with it Holistically using exercise, meditation and positive thinking.
- I am half Italian, my grandparents immigrated here from Italy.
- I had four to five Urinary Tract infections a year for eight years till I realized it had to do with the need to manipulate the muscles because they weren’t working right from the compression I had in my neck.
- Everything I’m learning makes sense. The stress I was under when I got sick was tremendous, divorce, out of country of origin in a different language, single parenting without family support with an 18 month old and an 11 year old, my mother’s death within a year of all this, a move back across the US border to be closer to work, poverty………Boom! MS!
I understand it and I have hope! There’s an answer for me. Between Coimbra’s Vitamin D protocol and Dr. Wahls Diet, I can see a future without MS!
- To see the English Coimbra Facebook page, in Facebook search: Coimbra vitamin D protocol for MS and autoimmune disorders
You’ll have to apply to join, its a private group, not a big deal, I applied and was accepted within 10 minutes.
- To see Dr. Wahls Facebook forum: In Facebook, search: Dr. Wahls Protocol
You’ll need to apply here as well. Great discussions and experience on both sites. I am so uplifted!
Now the hard part, figuring out how I can get this covered in a medical system that won’t okay it unless it leads to an expensive drug.
This is the only Doctor in Canada who is trained under Dr. Coimbra. One Doctor in all of Canada (there is something wrong with that) This is her information:
Wish me Bon Chance (Good Luck!)